Packing your hospital bag is one of the most important things you will do while you’re pregnant. It will have everything you and your baby will need while staying in the hospital. As someone who went into labor at 36 weeks and did NOT have a hospital bag packed, I don’t think you can pack a bag too early. Today I’m going to tell you what I would have wanted in my hospital bag!
- Granny Panties: you will want some comfortable underwear that won’t get ruined if they get blood on them.
- Baby Clothes: I recommend taking a few outfits of each size. (0-3, newborn, and preemie)
- Diapers and wipes: The hospital will provide you diapers and wipes but if you choose to do cloth diapering or just want a certain brand that your hospital doesn’t have, I recommend taking your own.
- Hair Ties/Hair Bands: You will want your hair pulled back away from your face while pushing. You won’t want to deal with your hair at all while you’re in the hospital.
- Pillow/ Blanket for mom: Bringing a pillow or a blanket for the mom can help her relax and feel better.
- Nursing Pillow: Nursing pillows are great even if you aren’t breastfeeding. You can use the pillow on the hospital bed to help you hold your new bundle of joy.
- Maxi Pads: Once again, the hospital will provide maxi pads but you will want to be stocked up at home and maybe even take some with you.
- Baby Blanket/ Swaddling Blanket: You will want a baby blanket and a swaddling blanket to take to the hospital with you & for the ride home.
This is what I would have packed in my hospital bag. What was in your hospital bag that you couldn’t live without?