In this post i’m going to go through how i started my blog and also what i recommend doing before reaching out to companies for collaborations. Im going to try and make this short and sweet so if you have any questions feel free to message me.
1. Decide what your niche is, this is what you will mainly be blogging about. You can always change it later. I always recommend blogging about what makes you happy! Personally i am a Motherhood and Lifestyle blogger.
2. Choose a name for your blog! This is the tough one.. When i chose my name i googled motherhood blog name ideas and combined my two favorite ones after making sure that neither were in use already.
3. Sign up for free with wordpress.com!
4. SelfHost your blog via Siteground: This will cost money but personally I use site ground and I think it is worth every penny. You want to go to siteground.com (This is my referral link if you choose to use it Siteground ) You will then go to wordpress hosting off of the menu. I purchased the start up plan for my blog and it has worked great for me! Siteground can also transfer your wordpress blog over for you.
5. Choose your theme/Layout. This one is pretty simple just decide on what you think looks best and goes with the idea of what you want your blog to be about!
6. Come up with post ideas and make a list of them. I highly recommend using Pinterest if you ever hit a writers block on coming up with new post ideas as it has helped me many times in the past.
Ok, now that your blog is started and set up i’m going to talk about my tips and what i would recommend doing before you reach out to anyone for collaborations. I would use all social media available to you to help promote your blog. On instagram you will want to GeoTag your location and also use hashtags relevant to your blog with your posts. Personally i would also have at least 5+ posts live before i sent out any emails. You will want the posts to correlate with what you’re wanting. For example, say i wanted to review a baby item I would want a post about how i have a child or a previous baby item review on my blog already.